Tuesday, February 5, 2013

40K Project #2 - Heresy Era World Eaters

I have loved the World Eaters since I got into 40K back in 2000 or so.  They were my first army back in 3rd edition and I only sold off my second version of that same army after the release of the 6th edition CSM codex, mainly because I wanted to use the proceeds of that sale to fund this build.

I'm not following any specific build or even idea behind this army.  It's going to be my big collection when or if I ever call it done.  I'm very tempted to wait until the end of the year to buy more models for it other than the occasional tank or Tactical Squad because Forge World keeps releasing new stuff.  I had just finished my Heavy Weapons squads when they released the new MKII and MKIII Heavy Weapon kits.  Now I'm tempted to break down the ones I have, put bolters on them and get the new kits.

Here's what I have so far

Angron

Contemptor Dreadnought (in this picture he has two assault cannons but all other weapon options are magnetized for him)

Scimitar Pattern Jetbikes (I still need to weather these to match the rest of the army)

Ten Cataphractii Terminators (magnetized arms for other weapon options, still need to weather these)

Ten Tactical Marines (will do squad markings when I have all the squads built and painted)

Special Weapon Tactical Marines (two flamer, two meltagun)

Heavy Weapons (these will likely be turned into Tactical Marines w/ Heavy Weapons)

I'm also using Secret Weapon Miniatures Hollow Basing Blanks to build my bases.  I'm really happy with them

No comments:

Post a Comment