Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How Random is Your 40K?

I'd like to pose a few questions to you all.

In your games of 6th Edition Warhammer 40,000 how many of you use the Mysterious Forests and Mysterious Objectives rules?  If you do use them, how have you found them effecting your games?  How do you represent the random effects of said terrain?

The reason I ask is, when 6th ed first came out, we used the Random Objectives but our group found them to be a bit fiddly.  We have yet to use Mysterious Forests in our games for that same reason.

So how do you all feel about them?  Leave me a comment below.

Also, I'd like to ask about missions.  Have any of you come up with your own missions or deployments?

In 5th ed I had a mission I created based on each player drawing a mission out of a bag and keeping it to themselves until the end of the game.  There were 30+ objectives available and they could be something like "Kill your opponent's highest point unit" or "Get your highest point HQ choice off your opponent's board edge".  If you achieved your mission you received  Victory Points.  These were usually played along with the standard missions from the book.  I've yet to update these for 6th ed but I don't think it will be too hard.

Let me know if you would like to see these updated for 6th edition and posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment