Thursday, May 2, 2013

40K Project #2 - Heresy Era World Eaters Part 4

Sorry for the lack of updates the last few days. I honestly keep forgetting to take and upload photos of my progress.
 The Tac Marines are nearing completion. I had forgotten a few steps and only remembered them when I pulled out the finished models from the last set. All that's left is to clean up the white on the backpacks, wash the metal on the backpacks, do the back banners and do a little detail work. Oh, and I need to do the bases which go pretty quick except for the flowing blood which takes a few sessions.


I have also been working on the vehicles I showed the other day and I have made a very important discovery in regards to the Minitaire Ghost Colors.  When laying down the colors for weathering, I sprayed some Oil Discharge to give the metal a bit of an interesting color.  I then put the hairspray and salt down then hit the whole model with a coat of a light grey color that I plan to use as my base.  Unfortunately, as you will see in the images, the blue from the Oil Discharge is bleeding through the lighter color.  This isn't a coverage thing, it's something to do with the Ghost Color itself.  After two coats I had to go back with black primer over the areas then shot it with another coat of grey.  The blue is still there.  I'm starting to get worried that I may need to redo these if I can't get the color to cover up.
If you look at the Rhino below you can see the blue in several areas, mainly where you see salt.

So there you have it.  Once I've figure out how to fix the Oil Discharge problem I will hit these with a sealer then mask them for the blue.
In the meantime, I'm solidly plugging away on the Tac Marines.  maybe I can get these all done before I go on vacation.

~Syko

No comments:

Post a Comment